The Nisutlin Bay Bridge is a critical link along the Alaska Highway and an important landmark for Teslin. Originally designed in 1953, the bridge is nearing the end of its lifespan and is being replaced. The new bridge will be safer for drivers and pedestrians as well as accommodating increased traffic volumes. It will handle larger loads of commercial and strategic goods to supply the Yukon and Alaska. The project began summer 2022 and is projected to be completed in 2026.
- Installation of temporary bridge structure
- Installation of the new bridge structure
- Dismantling the old bridge structure
- New roadway construction on either side of the bridge (Approx 1km total)
- Building gravel pits for the project and future projects near Teslin